Monday, August 25, 2008

Recipes....

I enjoy seeing recipes on blogs b/c I love to eat, cook, and try "different" recipes. Although, I have never felt compelled to post any myself....Until now!

If you like Greek style food and dips, then this is the recipe for you.


Layered Greek Dip: courtesy of BHG


1 8oz cream cheese, softened

1 Tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning

3 garlic cloves, minced

1 container original hummus

1 cup chopped cucumber

1 chopped tomato

1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1/3 sliced green onions

1. beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic until smooth

2. spread cream cheese mixture on bottom of dish (9-inch pie) , spread hummus on cream cheese mixture, top with veggies and feta

( I chop all my veggies and put in a bowl with feta and drizzle just a little EVOO on top, mix it up then pour on dip mixture)


It is really good served with Wheat thins or Whole grain tortilla chips.


Just another real quick after school snack I have been making for my kids .... as Dawson calls them "fire" ants on a log. I usually put the traditional raisins on them but opted for cranberries instead. Dawson corrected me by saying " no mom, these are Fire ants on a log"


SO, fire ants it is.....


2 comments:

Loving My Life said...

Both sound really good! I will have to come down and you make them for me and Morgan! Your photos are great too!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.