Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Feature: framed fabric...


I love the idea of using fabric as artwork. With so may great prints out there it's a great way to personalize your walls ...AND on a budget! 

Here are some ideas on pinterest that caught my eye....

92112754848057592.jpg

using-up-that-stash.html.jpg

fabric-wall-panel-art-craft-vertical-image.jpg


So I decided to put this idea to use and frame some for myself!

I had some framed prints laying around that I didn't care for, but didn't want to get rid of them. I liked the frame and matting. 


So I went and picked out some fabric, ripped out the back, and got to work....









I cut my fabric to fit and used fabric adhesive spray to apply it to the print. I made sure to cut out the fabric to make each frame a little different. 




And that was it....simple as that!! I got two new framed prints that I am now happy with. All for only $5!!! Can't beat that!! 


Now all I need to do is hang them ; ) 


1 comment:

Heather said...

Good job!
I love them.
Speeking of fabric...you better get to sewing! ;)