Monday, January 14, 2008

Scrapbooking and Allowance...

So, I scrapbooked with some friends Friday night until 2 am and this is "1"of my "2" lo's!! I wanted to share this one so my sister could see. I am in love with this paper! Just love the colors and thought went well with the picture.




AND, this is Dawson playing with his new toy he bought with his allowance money. We started him on a "money manage" system using 3 jars. One being, spend, save, and charity. Each week we give him the amount of his age and split it into the 3 jars. So, we let him go to Target the other night and spend his money on a toy he had been wanting for a long time. He actually goes up to the regiter and pays for it himself....it's all part of the process. He knows that once the money is gone it's gone. That's how they start to learn to manage it. One of the things that Eddie and I decided is that he does not get money for doing everyday chores...they are just expected of him. So, each Sat. we give him the money for him to divide between his jars.
Anyways, I just wanted to share that b/c I am excited to see the outcome. I think it is very important to teach how to manage and be responsible with money at an early age.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loving My Life said...

Great LO love that pic of Rach!!

I have to say the jar thing is a neat idea and I might use it with Morgan too!! But with her I will need to count and keep up with what goes in what...cause knowing her she will sneek some of the save or charity money back into her spend money!!

Amber Ulmer said...

Amanada... you layout of your sis is just fabulous. I Love the design. Also... you are getting so GOOD w/learning your new camera!!! Love the pics of Dawson and the ones of Avery and just presh!!! Your getting it girl!!! xoxo